Legal Services Payment Terms and Conditions
Effective Date January 1, 2020
I am pleased that you are interested in retaining me (“Attorney”) to represent and advise you, (“Client”). At the beginning of an attorney-client relationship it is important to clearly set forth the terms of the engagement, including the scope and nature of the services to be provided. Therefore, I would like to outline the scope of my representation of you and to explain my billing policies and payment terms within this agreement ("Agreement").
1. Deposit: Client acknowledges and agrees deposits paid to Attorney are nonrefundable if Client cancels, reschedules, is a no show or in any other way fails to meet with Attorney at the scheduled time without providing Attorney with at least 48-hour notice. Client acknowledges and agrees that the initial deposit is paid in consideration of the Attorney’s services, of its forfeiting her opportunity to represent other clients, and of her right to secure a claim upon its services. The initial deposit is considered earned in its entirety.
2. Consultation Fees: Attorney's consultation fee is $75.00. Deposits paid on Attorney's website booking page are a portion of Attorney's consultation fee. Once Attorney has performed the consultation Client acknowledges and agrees that the consultation fee is considered earned in its entirety and will not be refunded. Client acknowledges and agrees the consultation refund policy in the previous sentence is true even when Attorney declines to represent Client.
3. Attorney Fees: Deposits paid will be deducted from Attorney's overall fee. If Attorney's website booking page list a fee for the service, Attorney will charge Client only the fee listed. If Attorney's website booking page does not include a fee, then Attorney will provide Client with a fee quote at or after a consultation with Client.
4. Commencement of Work: Client acknowledges and agrees Attorney's fees shall be paid by Client in advance of the services to be rendered. Client will be provided with a detailed engagement letter detailing the services to rendered. Client acknowledges and agrees that signing the engagement agreement does not require Attorney to begin work. Client acknowledges and agrees that only after payment is received by Attorney will Attorney commence work.
5. Scope of Representation: Client acknowledges and agrees Attorney will provide Client with an engagement letter detailing the scope of representation after an initial consultation. Client acknowledges and agrees the engagement letter is the only document to detail the scope of representation and any information on Attorney's website does not define the scope of representation.
6. Entire Agreement: This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties hereto. No other agreement, statement, or promise made on or before the effective date of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
7. Severability: If any provision of this Agreement is held, in whole or in part, to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire agreement will be severable and remain in full force and effect.
8. Modification: This Agreement may be modified by subsequent agreement of the parties only by an instrument in writing, signed by both parties hereto.